Fire destroys Bowmanville restaurant Print

A Bowmanville Chinese restaurant was destroyed by a fire on Monday.

The Double Dragon Restaurant, located at KIng Street and Old Scugog Road, caught fire around noon on Monday, August 29th.  No one was hurt in the fire, and officials are not treating it as suspicious.

Sources say the fire was caused by a deep fryer in the restaurant.

In addition to the restaurant, Peter's Academy of Defensive Driving was also located in the building.

Damage was extensive, with part of the roof collapsing as fire crews worked to contain the blaze.


Last Updated ( Thursday, 01 September 2011 18:51 )